Inspiring and supporting you to stay fit and strong, keep your brain sharp and live your life to the full.
Vida Wellness was founded by Claudine Aherne in 2007. Tina Albrecht joined the team in 2010.
Claudine is a wellness advocate, health educator, writer and international speaker. She is committed to sharing the message that:
- Much of what we consider to be normal ageing is a result of poor lifestyle choices
- Successful ageing means staying engaged and active
- Our lifestyle choices play a much bigger part in determining our health outcomes than our genetics
- Having a purpose or passion in life is crucial for ageing well
When Claudine founded Vida Wellness, she brought together her background in consumer marketing (with Unilever in the US and UK), her knowledge and experience as an exercise specialist, and her work in a high-profile local government role (transforming physical activity participation amongst over 50s in the London Borough of Wandsworth).
She has organised, co-hosted and presented at three Active Ageing Seminars in London. Claudine has presented at the International Coalition on Active Aging (ICAA) conference, at the Later Life Training inaugural conference in 2011 and has had a series of articles published in the Journal on Active Aging.
Claudine’s qualifications include:
- Functional Aging Specialist (one of the first in the UK)
- Postural Stability Instructor (a specialist qualification, from Later Life Training, in the provision of therapeutic exercise for reducing the risk of falls).
- Other qualifications include Exercise Referral, Older Adult Fitness, Chronic Respiratory Disease, Osteoporosis, Chair Based Exercise and Cognitive Fitness Facilitator
Claudine was selected to be a member of the instructor team for the Pro-ACT 65+ trial, a randomised, controlled clinical trial run by University College London Medical School. She has been involved in the development and delivery of the Age UK Fit as a Fiddle programme, training sheltered housing volunteers to promote physical activity, healthy eating and mental wellbeing amongst residents. She has also delivered Life & Soul wellbeing workshops to sheltered housing residents.
Claudine is a Volunteer Coordinator with Contact the Elderly – organising monthly tea parties for isolated older people. Contact the Elderly is a national charity which transforms lives with tea, chat and friendship.
Tina Albrecht is a specialist exercise and health professional with over 20 years experience. Tina has been described by our members as a ‘phenomenal instructor’, who is ‘very considerate’, ‘friendly but persuasive’, ‘wonderful’ and ‘enthusiastic’.
Tina’s extensive qualifications, training and experience include:
- MSc Cardiac Rehabilitation
- BSc (Hons) Sports Medicine
- Level 4 Exercise Specialist
- Certified Functional Aging Specialist (Functional Aging Institute)
- Cardiac Rehabilitation BACR Phase IV Exercise Instructor
- Training in Physical Activity and Exercise in Heart Failure
- Exercise and Mental Health training; Motivational Interviewing Certificate; Young People in a Gym Environment; Ante and Postnatal Exercise; Keiser Cycle; ARA L2 Rowing Coaching
- Senior management experience across public, private and voluntary sectors
To discuss working with Claudine and Tina, please contact us